BEATING THE BULDGE
We all want the six pack and perfectly formed hips, and for most people it is the number one priority and reason to join the gym.
We’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve been asked “How can I get rid of this”
Unfortunately, with spot training not an option, Below we’ve listed some of the strategies, tips and tricks to help you shed that unwanted muffin top.
Here’s what you need to know –
Without optimal insulin sensitivity, carbohydrates, fats and protein are much more likely to be stored as fat rather than utilised, and unfortunately a lot of that can be around your waistline. For most people, the first thought that comes to mind is, let’s adopt a low carbohydrate diet, again this doesn’t fix the problem and leaves muscle building potential diminished.
The solution comes in the form of optimizing insulin sensitivity, and luckily there are several easy steps we can take to accomplish this.
- Eating some Protein and fat before carbohydrates during a meal. According to research, adopting this strategy leads to significantly lower blood sugar levels after a meal.
- Vinegar as a salad dressing, as it lessens the glucose and insulin response from a carbohydrate meal. It also raises insulin sensitivity in general.
- Apple cider vinegar before bed has also been shown to reduce morning blood sugar by 4-6%
- Supplements can also play a key role in optimising insulin sensitivity. Products like ADRENAL SWITCH contain ingredients that help regulate blood sugar levels, regulate cortisol and aid in the breakdown of carbohydrates to name just a few.
A daily run or cardio class is great for your heart, but doing cardio workouts alone is not the answer. A combination of resistance training and cardio is what we need to give us the best chance to beat the bulge. Additional muscle means increasing glucose disposal by simply giving carbs more places to go instead of being stored as fat. Like most aerobic training resistance training is another great way to increase insulin sensitivity, which as we learnt before is exactly what we want to do.
Listed below is a couple of different styles of training we can employ to help us
- Complexes are a series of movements performed with a barbell, kettlebell or dumbbell. In which a series of movements are performed one after the other quickly without rest or removing your hands. Complexes are a fantastic why to burn body fat, and increase lean muscle mass.
- Interval training is another great technique, the combination of low to high intensity is proven to be extremely effective at stripping body fat.
Supplements again can play a critical role in increasing our muscle mass, RULE 1 or ANABOL WHEY are a fantastic source of protein the body needs to repair and increase muscle tissue. AMINO SWITCH is also another great product being highly bio available and packed with all the essential amino acids the body needs to recover.
Work, bills, tight deadlines – whatever your source of stress maybe, stress influences the body in any number of ways. One of those making it harder to drop unwanted weight from around the mid-section. The cause of this, other than reaching for unhealthy alternatives when stressed, is the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol may increase the amount of fat your body holds especially around the mid-section, and not only that cortisol can potentially interfere with learning, lower immune function and blood pressure to name a few.
ADRENAL SWITCH can help regulate cortisol levels and help us get our mid-section under control. Not to mention boost metabolism, improve blood sugar levels, increase protein synthesis and help our bodies adjust to stress whether that be physical/mental or emotional.
Although only touching on a few points, we hope this may shed some light on why your body may not reflecting the hard work you are putting in.
We at Amp’D Fitness are always willing to help any member better themselves. if you have any questions, feel free to ask our team. We would be more than happy to point you in the right direction to achieve your goals!